Thursday, May 19, 2005

Case 22: Eyes

If by looking at my eyes, you will know I am lying, then I will simply lie through my eyes.
***
I have destroyed my second pair of eyeglasses and ruined its recently replaced (Php 1000) lenses with super glue. Since I do not pluck money from trees, I have been enduring this blurred vision for two weeks, and I am not planning to buy a new pair yet. The astigmatism of my left eye and myopia of my right eye prevent me from copying notes and distinguishing faces two meters away from me. At least, the condition gave me an excuse to become lazy and snobbish.
***
A gaze, a leer, a roll, a sparkle. Sometimes, our eyes can express more than what we say.
***
My ophthalmologist has the knack of scaring me of going blind. He urges me to undergo perimetry (Php 2000) to check if my eyesight still covers the right amount of area. It just so happens that my intraocular pressure is at the upper limit. There is a high risk that my eyes' drainage canals become clogged over time and the correct amount of fluid cannot drain out of the eye. And this will lead to glaucoma. So next time you see me crying, I may just be preventing blindness.
***
There is no use in looking because aside from lies, the truth can be seen through these eyes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Xtine said...

I hate you dan. So how do I know if you are finally telling the truth? Anyway, naka contacts ka na di ba? Ü

5/20/05, 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home