Thursday, April 21, 2005

Running-Star-Ties

[before class, spoken]
I do not know. I think I am in my mid-life crisis, trying to experience things before the bullet hits me. I just had to cram this in my relatively short life. It is not running away. Well, I technically did not come home without telling them where I was. I am sorry they had to call you to find me.
No, the situation is not really problematic. Everything is going according to plan. It is just that when the future is too certain, there is a tendency to feel constricted and each day becomes suffocating. I just wanted to escape for a while. They should not be worried. Yesterday, they might have lost sight of me, but they already know where I am going.
[during class, written]
The three of us live on separate worlds. The communication gaps span lightyears. This distance have caused isolation, but effectively prevents collisions.
Yet, different and indifferent we may be, we are pulled together by some invisible, central force. We may have our own orbits but we revolve around the same star. In this vast, empty space, we found security with each other's gravity.
[after class, unexpressed]
I wonder how it is like to move from place to place, where ties are conveniently made to be eventually broken. I wonder if I will enjoy the freedom of being responsible only to myself, and each relationship is at most, temporary. I wonder if it is possible.
Generally, I find ties to be troublesome and tedious. They can be hindrances to movement and growth. I wonder what will happen if I free myself from all the ties that bind me. I am not sure I will be happy, but obviously, everyone else will be too tied up to care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home