Friday, March 25, 2005

Split Ends

I have used the holy week as a detoxification period. A few more days I will be free of this addiction. I have to end this quickly before the withdrawal symptoms kick in.
A number of people have noticed I have been weirder than usual. I have been hanging out in places where I should not be, having more frequent mood swings, and have achieved newer levels of laziness. And most of the time I speak gibberish. At least I have something to blame.
How do I get rid of an addiction? There is a method where one takes in critical doses to reach the saturation point. It is basically stuffing yourself with the substance until you get sick of it. Well, there is a risk to this, since it may cause instant death. Fortunately, this worked for me.
To help me cope, I have found alternatives, much like a nicotine patch. I probably would not have survived without them.
All in all, the experience was much more than a pain. I have learned quite a few bits from it. I have also handled the situation better than last time (no assasination attempts, theft, or ugly rumors).
I now say goodbye to a previous semester of split, I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home