Monday, February 14, 2005

Case 12: "I Love You"

Here are some instances when I hate being told "I love you":
I hate it when you say it just to make me feel guilty.
I hate it when you expect me to be grateful even though I did not ask for it.
I hate it when you are waiting for me to say it back.
I hate it when it makes me speechless.
I hate it when it turns my ears red, renders my arms immobile, and makes my knees rubbery.
I hate it when you say it over the phone.
I hate it when you print it in the school paper.
I hate it when you say it, then pretend you did not say anything.
I hate it when I have to pretend I did not hear anything.
I hate it when you say it, then laugh.
I hate it when you say it, then leave.
I hate it when it makes me wonder whether it was true or not.
I hate it when it makes me do stupid things, like hope it was true.
Those three little words can put someone in a state of bliss, or bring him into misery. I hate it when it does both.
But the time I hate the most is when you say it so easily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home