Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Case 8: Déjà Vu

I was late for my Philosophy class yesterday because I got stuck in a dream. It was the first time I dreamt of us together. I enjoyed the feeling of being with you. I lingered for a few minutes before waking up with a start.
As I rushed to get dressed I remembered a discussion I had with my roommate about déjà vu. I was a little surprised that he also experiences cases of déjà vu and that each time he remarks with some certainty, "I dreamt about this before..."
I think you know where I am getting at. Yes, I am hoping that dream was a premonition. You might say I have not yet woken up. I know it is not good to dwell too much in dreams, especially those that are improbable to happen. It might cause problems bigger than being late for class.
But, when the desire is great, one cannot help but believe that some dreams do come true. One clings to that idea however painful it can be.
How can an artificial world created by my mind converge with reality? I think it requires more than sheer determination. It also depends on you. Until that day comes, I am left waiting for that rare case of déjà vu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home