Friday, December 03, 2004

Case 3: Suicidal Thoughts

A couple of days ago I had the unfortunate task of being the bearer of bad news. It seemed to me that the person who received it did not take it very well. I would not have worried about it if I had not remembered your case.
Ever since I have witnessed you attempt the unthinkable, I have kept on wondering if it is also common with other teenagers. Personally, I find it absurd to commit suicide over getting rejected/ignored by the person one happens to have feelings for. Of course, there might also be other underlying emotional issues involved here. One could have family problems, low self-esteem, or traumatic childhood experiences.
There was a time when I constantly entertained suicidal thoughts. (You can now assume I have those mentioned above.) Yet, I never had the guts to act them out. I fear death more than life. (Worst suicide attempt: covering my face with a pillow.) Although there was one time (I was seven, I think) when I almost cut my wrist with a cleaver. Luckily, someone was there to prevent that gruesome incident.
I guess this is why I attempt suicide: to let others see the invisible.
Eventually I have found, through the help of a friend, a great substitute: talking. I just tell someone that I am a selfish brat who craves for attention. I also learned that someone is willing to listen to that garbage. I hope you know that, too.
Now, I rarely have suicidal thoughts (skydiving included). Often, I imagine getting murdered instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home