Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Case 6: Climb the Stairs

I was scavenging for a notebook from my high school stuff when I found my copy of our school magazine. It was the last issue I worked on before I graduated. I scanned through the pages and reread some of the articles. It is funny and embarassing that it would take a couple of years for me to realize how poorly written my articles were. And the one that made me squirm the most was the piece you mentioned in your testimonial.
Reading it now, I can see why you hated it. I was very proud of it back then but was a little sure that other people would not appreciate it. That is why I did not put my name on it when it got printed. (I was a writer who could not handle criticisms very well.) Some parts of it are too unclear. Some sentences were too long while others were too choppy. Some lines are cheesy, predictable, or just plain stupid.
That article was written (in first point of view) a long time ago, and I could say it precisely articulates what I was that time. It was my attempt to put into the words the chemical intoxication brought about by an overactive hypothalamus gland. It was not intended to be published but I could not help but show it or else explode. Yes, I used the school paper for personal interests.
I am tempted to post some excerpts from the article but too much shame might be dangerous to my health. You were way ahead of me. I do not need to hear the same advice twice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home