Friday, April 01, 2005

Case 19: Trick Question (Part 1)

"Can I be your textmate?" I have pulled a number of pranks on friends using this method of posing as a secret admirer and then laughing at their reactions when they found out it was only me. So when one april fool's day you sent me that message, I took it as challenge. It was a battle of wits between two pranksters.
I was out that time with my blockmates. I had no idea who you were but after a few questions and a lot of SMS sent, I was able to extract some information.
1. A common friend told you I was at the beach. Since at least twenty people knew that, that limited the number of possible suspects. (Although you claimed seeing me at the beach, you were not able to answer when I asked you what was I wearing.)
2. I met you during college. (You referred to me as "Dan Gamboa".)
3. You study at UP Diliman. I knew this since I found out who our common friend was. (I texted both of you conflicting stories, and you insisted I was lying.)
That narrowed down the list to four names, but I cannot pinpoint which one. I decided to cheat by asking other common friends about your number. It seemed that you were one step ahead of me because they denied my request. Well, I guess I just had to be contented, and I was happy with that until you sent me that question.
It was a trick question that should not be answered. And in an instant of stupidity I forgot that this was only a prank. It was a trap and I fell for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home