Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Case 20: Safe Answer (Part 2)

I answered it. It was a safe answer, but still stupid. And before I realized it, you called to reveal your true identity. And before I knew it, I was really angry and ashamed and I wanted to get even.
I ended the first call the moment I heard your voice. During your second call I was a bit calmer and I told you that I never wanted to see you (and our common friend, your accomplice) again. You panicked and felt guilty. That was enough revenge for me so I told you everything was fine. I was actually mad at myself.
1. First, I was angry because I lost. I was not able to pinpoint your identity. (Although you told me I gave you a difficult time fooling me.)
2. I wasted a lot of phone credits. (Although you offered to pay it back. I refused, of course.)
3. I gave an answer to that question. And what was so stupid about it was that it was an honest one. (Although you had no idea what it meant.)
In short, I got angry because I felt stupid or probably I felt angry because I got stupid. I hated your question and I hated my answer. I already explained this to our common friend a few days after that.
Well, I never did see you again after that, since you went to the US. Last April Fool's Day, I dialled your number. I was surprised to hear a ring so I cancelled immediately. I waited for a text message, a question, but it never came. When it does, I may give a different answer to "Can I be your textmate?".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home