Sunday, October 23, 2005

Case 32: Beach/Tripping (16)

I never liked the beach. I never liked the sand, the saltiness, and the sunburn. I guess it was a moment of weakness when I could not turn down your invitation, even if you would not care. I might learn a thing or two from this, I thought, as I sat silently in the car. Indeed, I did pick up a few insights.
*Being the outsider in the group has its advantages, as the guys tend to overcompensate in trying to make me feel welcome that half of them kept engaging me in conversation while the rest ignored me almost completely.
*The 'history of alcoholism' excuse should only be used a number of times, as well as 'allergic reaction to alcohol'.
*For people like me who still cannot swim, instead of bowing down, a more fun way to wet one's hair is splashing water at each other.
*Talking at a bonfire is quite an eye-opening experience, especially when there are two transvestites groping one of your classmates.
*A videoke machine is a potential source of conflict, heartache, and a few tears.
*Do not assume a girl is easy even if she went in a room with a guy a couple of hours after they met. The farthest one's urging can get him is a little dance number and quick trip to the washroom.
*Hangovers only happen if you slept the night before.
*When people say what goes on in here stays in here, do not believe them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home