Saturday, October 22, 2005

Case 31: Town/Blackout (15)

[Something happens when one turns fifteen that makes one rebellious, cynical, or just plain depressive. It is all part of the grand teenage melodrama.]
[5:00am] I woke up and got ready for school. I wore the new shirt. My mother asked me what was the occasion and then remembered what today was. I arrived at school twenty minutes before sunrise.
[8:30am] It was drizzling and nobody paid attention to the United Nations Day celebration onstage. The massive blackout in town also did not help during the program.
[12:00nn] Generators made it possible for us to eat at Jollibee for lunch. We decided to hang out at your place afterwards. Through a practical joke, I got separated from you. I went back to the town plaza while you went the opposite direction and looked for me at a friend's house.
[3:30pm] While sitting at the Church I saw another friend. The clouds were getting gloomier and with nothing else to do we decided to go to their place and hoped the electricity be back once we got there. We planned to play but ended up talking about Resident Evil instead.
[7:00pm] It was totally dark when I went home. My mother was able to salvage a piece of roast beef she cooked for today. I had a lonesome candlelit dinner and slept a bit earlier than usual.
[The melancholy becomes subsequently silly, but seems nonetheless necessary.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home