Thursday, July 02, 2009

Sun

When you were the sun, I could only gravitate around you, but not towards you. I needed to stay close to feel your warmth, but far enough to avoid getting burned.
Fear of human contact may stem from a history of unpleasant experiences. Like the times I got electrocuted by static when I shook your hand or tapped your shoulder. And the aforementioned time we shared breathing space and you gave me measles.
Yet despite the inevitability of a negative outcome, there is a yearning for connection. I met you, magnetic and infectious that I just got hooked. So I negotiated with myself and compromised.
Put myself in a safe position as stuck as a triple point. Until a foreign particle came along, disturbed the system, and made history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home