Monday, July 23, 2007

Case 42: M.O.R.

Have you ever done something you regret so much that you want to go back in time to undo it? This thought filled my mind as I ran, with the seventh Harry Potter book on one hand and a pack of coffee buns on the other, covered in smoke, sweat, and dust under the blistering heat of the noontime sun.
The list of things I want undone is long, with one stupid decision always followed by another. I should not have listened to that absurd advice and gotten off the jeep in the middle of nowhere. There was no point, since I do not recognize the face of whom I was pursuing. I should not have boarded that jeep out of impatience. It was already full and I had to squeeze myself in to sit. Lastly, I should not have brought my phone when it was out of battery. Then the person seated beside me would not have easily stolen it.
As I lament over this tragic turn of events, I am quick to blame everyone that had caused this. First, I blame the saleslady who sold me the phone strap which made it easy for the thief to fish my phone out of my pocket. Second, I blame J.K. Rowling for getting me so excited to go home and start reading her last book. Then, I blame the thief's parents for raising a kleptomaniac. Lastly, I blame myself for forgetting the number one rule in commuting: Assume everyone is a thief.
But grieving too long for my loss is useless. Regrets only harbor pain. Thus, I just have to look at the silver lining while enjoying a coffee bun. I must learn to move on and try to do and be better next time. Because like what Harry said in the last sentence of the book,"I've had enough trouble for a lifetime."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home